We all know that in life, sometimes things go wrong,
我们都知道在生活中有时候事情是错的
sometimes your day doesn't go smoothly.
有时候你的日子不好过
That's another way we describe that in English.
这是我们用英语描述的另一种方式
We say, "My day didn't go smoothly yesterday."
我们说 " 我的一天不顺利 "
In this English lesson,
在这个英语课上
I'll talk about a lot of the common things
我来谈谈很多常见的事情
that can go wrong in your day,
在你的日子里会出错
and I'll show you exactly how to describe them.
我会告诉你如何描述他们
(gentle bright music)
( 温柔的音乐 )
One very common thing that can go wrong
一个很普通的事情会出错
actually happened to me this morning.
今早真的发生在我身上
I forgot to set my alarm clock so I slept in,
我忘了设置闹钟所以我睡了
I overslept this morning, this is not a good thing.
我今早睡过觉 这不是件好事
If you have this happen to you
如果你有这种事
on a work day or on a school day,
在上班日或上学日
it can make the rest of your day a little bit complicated.
可以让你休息的时间变得有点复杂
So, it's always good to remember to set that alarm clock
所以要记得把闹钟定好
because you don't want to arrive
因为你不想
at work late and say to someone,
上班迟到跟别人说
"I overslept this morning" or "I slept in."
" 我今早睡过 " 或者 " 我睡了 "
And by the way, sleeping in is fun on a Saturday
顺便说下周六睡得开心
when you don't need to be somewhere.
当你不需要在某个地方的时候
But when you sleep in on a workday, it's not a good thing.
但当你在一个工作日睡的时候 这不是件好事
A friend of mine lives in the city and he doesn't own a car,
我的一个朋友住在城里他没有车
he takes the bus and the train to work.
他坐公交车和火车去上班
And one of the things that sometimes goes wrong for him is,
而对他来说有时会出错的是
he'll say to me, "Yesterday I missed my bus."
他会对我说 "昨天我错过了公车 "
Or, "Yesterday I missed my train."
或者 "昨天我错过了火车 "
When you need to be at the train station
当你需要在火车站
or bus station at a certain time and you arrive late,
或者公交站在某个时间 你迟到了
the bus or train will just leave without you
没有你的车或火车就会离开
and you'll need to wait for the next one.
你需要等下一个
So, another thing that could go wrong,
另一个可能出错的事情
you could say to someone, "This morning, I missed my bus."
你可以对某人说 " 今天早上我错过了公车 "
Or, "This morning I was running late and I missed my train."
或者 "今天早上我跑的很晚 错过了火车
Sometimes your day doesn't go smoothly
有时候你的日子不顺利
because you can't find something,
因为你找不到东西
this actually happened to me last week.
这件事上周发生在我身上
I was running around the house and Jen said, "What's wrong?"
我在房子周围跑 Jen 说 " 怎么了 ? "
And I said, "I lost my keys and I lost my wallet."
我说 : " 我丢了钥匙丢了钱包 "
These are the two most common things that I lose,
这些是我失去的最常见的两件事
and that's how you would describe it.
这就是你的描述
"I lost my keys," "I lost my wallet."
" 我丢了钥匙" " 我丢了钱包 "
When I come home, I usually put my keys and wallet
当我回家的时候我通常把钥匙和钱包
in the same place every day, and this works really well.
每天都在同一个地方 这工作很顺利
But every once in a while, I put them somewhere else.
但每过一次我就把他们放在别的地方
And then, the next day, I just can't find them.
然后 第二天 我就找不到他们了
And so I say to Jen, "Hey, I lost my keys,
所以我对 Jen 说 "嘿我的钥匙丢了 "
I lost my wallet, can you help me find them?"
我丢了钱包 你能帮我找到吗 ? "
Sometimes you have problems with your car.
有时候你的车有问题
In fact, as I was making this English lesson,
事实上我在做英语课时
I realized the list of things that could go wrong
我发现了可能出错的事情清单
with your car is actually enormous.
你的车是巨大的
I could do a whole lesson on it,
我可以从中吸取教训
but let's focus on a few of those.
但我们只关注其中的几个
Some are problems you would have with your car
有些是你的车的问题
and some are problems that arise
还有一些问题
because of how you drive it.
因为你是怎么开车的
You could say something like this.
你可以这样说
"This morning, I got a flat tire."
" 今天早上我买了个平轮胎 "
"This morning, I ran out of gas."
" 今天早上 我跑出了气
"This morning, I got a speeding ticket."
" 今天早上我收到超速罚单 "
Or, "This morning, my car broke down."
或者" 今天早上我的车坏了 "
So, when you drive a car, sometimes you have problems.
所以 当你开汽车的时候 有时候你会迂到问题
It's always good to take your car to a mechanic regularly
经常把你的车给机械师
for oil changes and to get small things fixed
石油变化和小东西的固定
because you want to avoid having problems.
因为你想避免出现问题
And of course, you should always drive to the speed limit.
当然 你也应该一直开到限速
Sometimes I'm at work and when I go to eat my lunch,
有时候我上班和吃饭的时候
I realize I didn't bring it to work.
我知道我没带它去工作
"I forgot my lunch."
" 我忘了我的午餐 "
I talked about losing things,
我说了输了
probably the next most common thing that I do
可能是我接下来做的最常见的事
that makes my day go badly is I forget things.
让我的日子不好过是我忘了
I just had this happen again a few weeks ago,
几周前我又发生了这种事
I was at work and I realized that I forgot my lunch.
我在工作 我意识到我忘了我的午餐
This is also not a good thing to have happen
这也不是好事
if you have forgotten your wallet
如果你忘记了钱包
because then you don't have money to go buy lunch,
因为那你就没钱去买午餐了
and you just have to go through the rest of the day hungry.
你得好好度过剩下的一天
And a hungry Bob the Canadian
还有一个饥饿的加拿大人鲍勃
in the classroom is not a good thing.
在课堂上不是件好事
I get a little bit grouchy when I'm hungry,
我饿了有点担心
so I try my best to remember to bring my lunch
所以我尽量记得带上我的午餐
because if I forget my lunch, it's not good for anybody.
因为如果我忘了我的午餐对任何人都不好
The other day I was working out and I pulled a muscle.
那天我在工作 我拉了一把肌肉
I was lifting weight and I pulled a muscle,
我在举重我拉了一块肌肉
this is a common thing that happens
这是一件很平常的事
when you are someone who likes to exercise,
当你是喜欢锻炼的人时
and it makes your day a little bit annoying.
这让你的日子有点烦躁
In fact, it makes it a little bit annoying for a few days.
事实上 这让它有点烦扰了几天
So, one of the things that can go wrong
所以 其中一个可能出错的事情
if you are someone who works out,
如果你是工作的人
if you are someone who exercises is you can pull a muscle
如果你是锻炼的人
and then you'll have to say to someone,
然后你得对某人说
"Ah, this morning, I pulled a muscle."
" 啊 今天早上 我拉了一块肌肉 "
Or, "Last week, I pulled a muscle
或者" 上周我拉了个肌肉
in my leg so I can't exercise anymore."
在我的腿上我不能再运动了 "
That's never a good thing, I don't like to be injured
这从来不是好事 我不喜欢受伤
so I try my best not to pull a muscle.
所以我尽量不要拉肌肉
Technology has become an important part of our lives.
技术已经成为我们生活的重要组成部分
We rely on our phones and computers to work all the time,
我们依赖电话和电脑去工作
but sometimes they don't.
但有时候他们不会
Maybe you're trying to text a friend and they don't respond.
也许你是在给一个朋友发短信但他们没有回应
The next time you see them they might say,
下次你看到他们可能会说
"Sorry, my phone died."
" 对不起我的电话死了 "
This means the battery in their phone was dead,
这意味着他们手机里的电池已经死了
they didn't charge their phone.
他们没有给他们打电话
Sometimes, I'll say to a student,
有时候我会对一个学生说
"How come you're not done your homework?"
" 你怎么没做功课 ? "
"Why aren't you done your homework?"
" 你为什么不做功课 ? "
And they'll respond by saying, "Oh, my computer crashed."
他们会回应说 " 哦 我的电脑崩溃了 "
This means, as they were doing their homework,
这意味着他们在做功课
their computer stopped working.
他们的电脑停止工作了
So technology, when it works well, makes our lives awesome.
所以技术 当它运转良好时 让我们的生活变得棒极了
But when it doesn't work properly,
但当它不正常工作时
it makes things a little bit annoying.
让事情变得有点烦躁
Well, hey, thank you so much
好吧谢谢你
for watching this English lesson,
看这个英语课
where I hope you learned some new phrases
我希望你能学到一些新词
that you can use in a future English conversation.
你可以在未来的英语对话中使用
Remember, if this is your first time here,
记住如果这是你的第一次
don't forget to click that red Subscribe button over there,
别忘了点击那边的红色预订按钮
give me a thumbs up, leave a comment.
给我竖起大拇指
And of course, if you have some time,
当然如果你有时间
why don't you stick around and watch another English lesson.
你为什么不去看另一个英语课